Best Baguette in Paris 2013
Two hundred and three Parisian bakers entered the Best Baguette of Paris 2013 competition. Wrapped in white paper with identification numbers, the entries were tasted, sniffed, weighed, and measured to determine the winner.Fifty two entries were disqualified for not meeting the strict guidelines of measuring 55-70 centimeters long or weighing 250-300 grams.The baguette is a cultural symbol of Paris, so it’s no surprise they take their baked bread very seriously.
This year’s winner was baker Ridha Khadher. His prize: The privilege of baking bread for the French President, François Hollande. See pictures from the competition below.
Paris’ Top 10 Baguettes in 2013
1. Au Paradis du Gourmand, 156 Rue Raymond Losserand, 75014
2. Boulangerie Raphaëlle, 1 rue Feutrier, 75018
3. Boulangerie Damiani, 125 avenue du Clichy, 75017
4. Christian Vabret, 27 rue Francois Miron, 75004
5. Maison Cailleaud, 104 Cours de Vincennes, 75012
6. Yosuké Fijié from Maison Landemeine, 56 rue du Clichy, 75009
7. Dominique Saibron, 77 avenue du Géneral Leclerc, 75014
8. Le Grenier à Pain Lafayette, 91 rue Faubourg Poissonière, 75009
9. La Parisienne, 12 rue Coustou, 75018
10. Claude Besnier, 40 rue du Bourgogne, 75007